Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Thought From Dad

So I thought I should chime in on this blog at some point.  Typical dad I guess, too busy with work (or maybe just watching a football game) to get too involved in the blogosphere.  But tonight Kristel is out for an appointment with her hair stylist and it seemed like a good time to start.  I'll try to chime in with dad's perspective on this crazy/exciting/scary/wonderful journey every once in a while.

With Kristel gone I got the (sometimes) joy of getting the girls ready for bed.  PJs on, teeth brushed, and a little cuddle time before it was time to sleep.  Carley likes to keep giving hugs as long as you will give in and stay in bed.  I gave in for a while! Then I was cuddling with Danielle and she spontaneously said "I love you so much daddy."  Great night. 

Anyway, sometimes I think our adoption journey is actually pretty simple.   Everyone deserves someone to have someone to love and someone to love them.  There's a little boy out there somewhere in Ethiopia that without us may never get to experience the kind of night I just had with my girls. How can I not want to give that joy to him?  And what's better than getting that kind of love from one more person on this planet?

And the world keeps spinning...

Justin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristel! Its nice to "meet" you! Its all pretty exciting isn't it? Despite all the waiting its so worth it:)
    Love to talk more so feel free to email me anytime sarar44@yahoo.com.
    Sara
    http://thelyonsden-saralyons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete