Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Journey With a Twist

Two weeks ago we found out our court date is scheduled for November 5th!!  Since then it has been a crazy whirlwind (bad Hurricane Sandy pun, sorry).  Kristel has been dealing with an ovarian cyst and after two weeks of wrestling with the decision has decided that unfortunately she won't be able to make the trip.  Instead she'll be having surgery.  Luckily family and friends will be here to help out, which is a blessing.

So for a few days we thought I would be traveling to Ethiopia alone.  Then a quick text to Kristel's brother Erik and BAM, I have a travel companion!!  It will be very nice for me to have Erik making the trip and I think Kristel will rest easier knowing I'm not there alone.  I am incredibly thankful to Erik and his boss for making this happen on incredibly short notice!

The other twist is that our original flight plan had us leaving tonight from Grand Rapids and flying to Washington D.C., then flying direct from DC to Ethiopia.  Well, Hurricane Sandy posed a bit of a problem.  So I spend much of yesterday rerouting the flight plans.  Now Erik will be driving to Grand Rapids tonight and tomorrow we will fly GR-Chicago-London-Ethiopia.  We are scheduled to arrive Friday morning.  It is unbelievable that on Saturday I get to meet my son after almost two and a half years of waiting!!  

I am hoping to post occasionally while on the trip, but definitely after I return.  Wish us safe travels and Kristel a speedy recovery!!

~Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment