Saturday, July 7, 2012

update

I called our agency earlier this week. I had a few questions regarding some paperwork so I gave them a little ring:) I asked if they could tell me anything about where we are in the "waiting game."  She told me that we are in the top 10 and that "at this point it could be any day". She said "you are getting soooo close." Yes! Also heard that some children might be ready to be matched with families in the next few weeks! Oh, let it be us God. Please!

The Ethiopian courts close during the rainy season. This is usually some time in August. I asked if children will still be matched with families during this time and our agency said YES! I don't know why I thought they wouldn't but this is such good news to hear.

Got to welcome home a new little Ethiopian today at the airport:) My friend Jill and her hubby stepped off the plane with their son Kahsay tonight. Her girls were too cute seeing their new baby brother! And what a wait it was for this momma to get her baby. We have shared in the pain of the wait, the joy of referral, and now the relief of finally being home. They have been truly blessed with Kahsay:)

That's about it for now. Praying this month will be the month. We are closing in on 2 years since applying. And what a crazy learning experience it has been......

No comments:

Post a Comment