Thursday, August 25, 2011


It's been 12 months since we turned in our application Holt.
 I would be lying if I didn't say I thought we would be farther along in the process right now.
 There have been new laws implemented, orphanage closures, longer wait times, etc etc.... the list is endless.
I try to put the wait out of my mind as best I can, but some days it is really hard not to wonder if this will ever happen for us.
Holt contacted us last week and said that they are no longer accepting new applicants into their Ethiopia program.
There is no longer a time line as to when we will get our referral.
No one knows how long......

And so we wait and trust that this will happen to us...
we will have a son....
just not on our timeline


7 months on the wait list

This week we decided to open up our age range a bit more.
 We are now open to 0-3 at referral instead of 0-2.
The girls are older than we had first anticipated them being when we get a referral, so we've adjusted :)

I have also got to experience 2 friends arriving home from Ethiopia with their new family members.
The women from my mom's group hold a special place in my heart
They get me and they know exactly how I feel because they have felt it too.
  I am so grateful that I could be there to share in their homecomings.
Many more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment